Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone got the ZYXEL 2002L

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi,
Is anyone using one the the ZYXEL 2002L phone apapters? Appart from the firmware bugs I know about i.e. no caller ID and not dropping the line if you call a PSTN number and they don't answer, my one drops the connection to the SIP server about every ten days or so and I have to do a factory reset and enter all the setting back in again by hand. Loading the saved settings does not work.

Anyone else having problems with the ZYXEL 2002L?
4 REPLIES
glloyd
Rising Star

Zyxel have just issued a firmware update for the 2002L ATA that should fix the problem of losing the connection to the server and not being able to reconnect without a factory reset. They have not however, fixed the problem with the CLI not working or the ATA not dropping the line on an aborted dial out call. Pretty bad show to issue and update with known bugs still not fixed.
glloyd
Rising Star

An update to the above. The latest firware update from Zyxel for the 2002L does NOT fix ANY of the bugs. The caller ID still does not work, It still does not drop the line on aborted dial out calls and it still constantly de registers and you have to do a factory reset and re enter all your setiings. All in all a useless bit of kit as is the Zyxel customer support.
N/A

yes i have 1 of these, i can make out going calls but can't get anything inbound even after doing the port forwarding, any suggestions
N/A

2002L

There are a lot of posts about this unit now on here.

Return it and get something else.