cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anti-virus and anti-spam bundled for free?

N/A

Some friends have just signed up for PlusNet broadband (Home Lite 1Mb) and I've been showing them around the portal.

I was interested to see that under My Account, Email settings they have the ability to turn on anti-virus and anti-spam protection.

It looks to me from their account details that this is all bundled in for free with their £14.99 monthly subscription. Is this true?

They're price conscious so I thought I would check it out rather than advise them to turn it on and find that they then get a surprise when the next direct debit is due :!:
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Yes, all new Broadband home products now come with anti-virus and anti-spam scanning as standard (it was an optional on the old accounts and cost £2.50/month). AV is enabled by default but Anti-spam needs to be enabled via the portal as it is turned off by default.
N/A

Yes. When the new "Home Premier" and "Home Lite" packages where release, AV and A-spam where bundled in with the packages at no extra cost.

Existing Home users can take advantage of this, by moving to these packages themselves. Premier would be there best choice, as it would be the same monthly cost. However, there may be a cost associated with your account type change (consult the Upgrade FAQ).
N/A

Thanks for the prompt reply ... that seems like a good deal to me!