cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anti virus 7 firewall for Mozilla 1.7

N/A

I had to rebuild my system, got most back except Norton firewall and anti virus 2002. I am unable to reload from the original files on an Iomega zip:even my Recovery Norton Internet Security 2002 Pro won't work.
I have tried several antivirus programs (free trials eg Kaspersky) but they don't work with Mozilla.

Any ideas? I would prefer to try before buy.

TIA
John
3 REPLIES
N/A

Try NOD32, that checks the outgoing and incoming port for mail. So does the latest version of Kaspersky as well.

Kaspersky should display a litle letter simple in the K when checking, however it's normally gone in a flash, so it's hard to see.

NOD32 checks mail,but doesn't display anything when checking.
N/A

I tried the Kaspersky, but it said (not suprising) that I need to udated my virus list, however it seemed unable to do so. I assume because the free trial cannot cope with Mozilla. Sad
N/A

Updating your virus list is not related to mail checking. The free trial version may be fixed and not able to update on-line.

Try the trial version of NOD32, Double click the NOD32 Icon on your task bar, open up IMON, downloaded your e-mail and see if the number of scanned files increases with Mozzila.

If it does then it's scanning your e-mail.

Besides this bear in mind, most virus checkers will scan the mail files of all types of mail client, but they may not scan the e-mail as it comes in.