cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternatives to Plusnet?

Alecto
Grafter

Alternatives to Plusnet?

I hate to rain on anybody's parade, but with all this talk of people rushing out to other ISPs, I've been looking to see what is available.
And I can't find anything remotely comparable to Premier 2Mb for £21.99.

They're all a lot dearer, and with what benefits fror the average user I can't see.

So unless I've missed something, and I hope I have, the exodus looks more like lemmings than anything else.

Perhaps someone who has found a good 2Mb service for £21.99 can give us details.
14 REPLIES
N/A

Alternatives to Plusnet?

TBH it is hard to find one that offers as much as PN for the cost.

Some I have looked at, for my info only at present, are Zen (expensive, but for me are where PN was 12 months ago in terms of customer focus), Metronet and F2S. There may be one or two others.

If I do decide to move, I think Zen would get the vote.
Alecto
Grafter

Alternatives to Plusnet?

Yes. Zen is £35 for the 2Mb service.
Community Veteran

Alternatives to Plusnet?

and I can't see a forum anywhere...
N/A

Alternatives to Plusnet?

Very (if any) other ISP's have a forum such as this...
Alecto
Grafter

Alternatives to Plusnet?

Try The Zen Forum

Only 1200 members though and six online at present.
N/A

Alternatives to Plusnet?

and I can't see a forum anywhere

They use the Zen forum on AG too and it is well populated by Zen staff. Even senior ones. It is actually a fairly jovial place. Just like this used to be.
Community Veteran

Alternatives to Plusnet?

Very (if any) other ISP's have a forum such as this...

I presume you mean very few ;-)

I realise that, but these forums are so addictive. Unless actual service goes down, i'll probably stick around here for a while, I don't actually pay my internet a relative does so changing is a pain and my connection is as good as ever.

Try The Zen Forum

Only 1200 members though and six online at present.

£10 a month more though for Zen :-(.
Alecto
Grafter

Alternatives to Plusnet?

£35-£22=£13 a month for 2Mb. Tongue
What was your maths result again?? Tongue
N/A

Alternatives to Plusnet?

To be fair to Daniel it depends which package you compare as Zen seem to have a fairly extensive range including 100 GB a month for around £24 (Can't remember the exact price and this PC is playing up so can't get another window to check it)
Community Veteran

Alternatives to Plusnet?

£35-£22=£13 a month for 2Mb. Tongue
What was your maths result again?? Tongue

£10, working from easystart @ 24.99 ;-)
Alecto
Grafter

Alternatives to Plusnet?

To be fair to Daniel it depends which package you compare as Zen seem to have a fairly extensive range including 100 GB a month for around £24

I'd be glad to see it when you can get there. All I can find on the Zen site is the unlimited packages. But 50 or 100Gb at 2Mb for £20-ish would be attractive.

And sorry to doubt your maths Daniel Shockedops: but why don't you downgrade to premier?
Community Veteran

Alternatives to Plusnet?

Raised: 2005-04-22, after the demise of the FUP

Open : [Support Wizard Journey]
[Fair Usage Query]
[Additional Information]
Earlier this month I raised a ticket enquiring about the speed upgrades after inconsistent wording between your original annoucment and the update (ticket number 16305726) i was assured "Nothing at all has changed, simply put 8Mb is not available nationwide yet, it is in a trial. Initially the fastest speed available will be 2Mb but 4 and 8Mb speeds will be available in the near future.

Regards,
Agent"
under your managements new system is this still the case as from reading the forums it appears not.
I look forward to your prompt reply.

Actioned : Dear Mr McGiff,
Your line speed will be regraded to the maximum possible speed very soon, 4-8mb speeds will become available as BT release them.

Is there anything I can help you with?

Regards,
Agent 2

Assigned : Thanks for your quick reply, does this mean that when 4-8mb speeds are available that I will be regraded at no extra initial or monthly cost?

Actioned : Dear Mr McGiff,
Yes, the regrades to 4MB or 8MB will be for free and you will be sent an email once we get an update from BT.
Regards,
Agent 3

Closed : By Customer via Portal

Is why premier is clearly advertised as being up to 2mb hence disregarding the above.
egrog52
Grafter

Alternatives to Plusnet?

Considering what is going on here if I was thinking about starting out as an ISP a forum would not be on my list of must haves
pimpernel
Grafter

Alternatives to Plusnet?

For my limited purposes the £14.99 pm broadband plus remains unbeatable, as it will be, I suspect, for the majority of users.
I keep looking but there's nothing out there that is any better.