cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ad-Aware se[personal] need help

N/A

keep getting2 new critical objects[same ones as last scan thats now in my Quarantine].Both/tracking-ie cache-data miner-cookie/Why cant i get rid of these or clean them?
9 REPLIES
N/A

Do you have Internet Explorer open at the time? It may be that they are in use (by Internet Explorer) and so can't be deleted.

If they're just cookies, you can delete these from within IE:
[list=1]
  • Click "Tools" on the toolbar
  • Click "Internet Options"
  • Click the "Delete Cookies" button[/listShocked]
    Note: This will delete all cookies - so you may have to re-login to sites which use cookies to store your login details.
  • N/A

yes,i have internet explorer running,and dont realy want 2 delete all cookies as cant mind all my log ins for all the sites.IS there any other way[cheers by the way]..
    N/A

use firefox
    N/A

What happens if you run the test without Internet Explorer open? In reality, these are just cookies which contain a small amount of data (maybe the time of your visit to a particular website) and that's all. In 99.9% of cases they are completely harmless and can be ignored.
    N/A

Had monzilla before and seemed too slow some things down,and done test with Explorer on and off ,still gets them[so i take it is not a cookie then?].
    N/A

it says both are cookies[here they are/@oinadserve.com/ and @zl.adserver.com/.
    CJC1942
    Grafter

Erm.... you haven't inadvertently selected these to be "Ignored" have you?
    N/A

not that i know of ,is there a way i can go into cookies /find them/and delete these 2.
    N/A

Also in ad-aware,finds 6 new critical objects, i tick them [says 6 objects will be removed]press ok.There now in quarantine[do i leave them there]or do i open the quarantine list and[delete them]....And what scan should i do everytime full scan or customize scan.