cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing Dial-up account abroad.

N/A

Has anyone any experience of using the dial up account provided with ADSL whilst abroad, particularly in France?

Which telephone number did you use?

I know most of this information is probably staring me in the face but please humour a poor old sole like me just this once.

Many thanks
9 REPLIES
N/A

I think you can use the standard "PAYG" number of + 0 (44) 845 140 0101
However, you must not be logged in on DSL from home, otherwise the connection will be refused (cannot have two accesses to one account at the same time)
csogilvie
Grafter

Actually, the connection will be established, its just that things can go wrong with it.
N/A

If I am not mistaken, I think chapple wishes to access 0,38 from abroad, which I doubt is possible.
N/A

0,38 .

Enlighten me :?
csogilvie
Grafter

I was assuming it was referring to the actuall DSL, as theres a 0 and 38 in there somewhere - which, yes, wouldn't be possible from abroad.
N/A

Ah yes, VPI & VCI, meaning DSL.
Quite right, that would only be possible from your actual home DSL activated line and not frm abroad
N/A

What is 0,38?
Community Veteran

VPI=0, VCP=38 used to connect broadband in the UK - it's a config in your router or ADSL modem. Some ADSL modems require you to put 0,38 as the number to dial.

Is your original post about 56k dialup from abroad or using an ADSL connection. I suspect it's 56K dialup so you can ignore the 0,38 or DSL related posts above and the first reply by cqg4uzg answered your question.
N/A

Thanks everyone