cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolute Newbie to VOIP

N/A

Absolute Newbie to VOIP

Hi All

I have a feeling that this is down to something I am not doing, or not setting up properly.

I have installed "Skype" on my wifes Windows XP home edition laptop, and bought her an Internet telephone as she said that was her preference to a headset.Trouble is while the phone and Skype seem to work ok; she cannot play her music CD's or DVD's because the sound is transfered to the phone rather than the headphones she usually uses which are plugged into the headphone socket of the laptop.

I have tried the telephone in both the standard USB 1.0 port and a powered USB 2.0 PCMCIA card in case the telephone was drawing too much power from the USB 1.0 port...... but the result was the same the music comes out of the telephone rather than the headphones or computers built in speakers.

As I said it is probably something I am forgetting to do in the set up, but in case it is'nt..... is there a work around or do I need to get her a headset?

Thanks in advance

IanJ
4 REPLIES
N/A

Absolute Newbie to VOIP

change which output device the music player is using, if its winamp go to preferences -> output

dunno where it is in wmp
N/A

Absolute Newbie to VOIP

all sorted thanks for the reply

IanJ
N/A

Absolute Newbie to VOIP

np Wink

and nice post count 777 Cheesy
N/A

Absolute Newbie to VOIP

I think I have been away from Windows machines for too long...... it was really quite simple to fix when I treated the phone handset as a seperate soundcard and went into audio devices and discovered that when I installed the drivers etc it had set the audio device to it's own soundcard instead of the main one............ DOHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! :-)

IanJ