Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADware Programes

Midville
Grafter

ADware Programes

Hi all,

I currently use Ad-ware 6.0 and have for some time and it is a good peice of 'kit'. I just download a programe called Webroot spy sweeper trail version for 30 days and it has found 24 spywares which Adware didnt pick up.

To that end does anyone use Webroot spy sweeper because it seems good, and maybe worth paying the fee once my trail is over. Any comments would be good.

Thanks in advance....

Jason
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

ADware Programes

personally I use Adware SE Personal and Spybot 1.3, note they will find false positives. Most of which will just be harmless cookies.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

ADware Programes

I use Adaware, Spybot, Pest Patrol, Ewido, Spy Blaster and Spyguard just to attempt to keep my machine free of spyware, key loggers etc.

I've not use Webroot Spysweeper but it's worth checking whether the files etc that it picks up really are a problem, since they could be false positives.

I would goggle the name to see if their are any other comments regarding how good this software is.

Aaron
Community Veteran

ADware Programes

Adaware SE replaced Adaware 6 a few months ago. I suggest you install SE as it will detect many more things that the original 6.0 version. Also have you been keeping the definitions up to dat by downloading updates?

I run Adaware SE 1.05 (the latest) and Spybot search & destroy 1.3 which will detect most things.

I have heard of Spysweeper finding more things than Adaware but they are not always bad. I prefer to use some tried, trusted and FREE apps as detailed above.
Midville
Grafter

ADware Programes

Thanks for the replys so far....... yes always keep Adware 6 up to date but I will have a look at the SE version. It picked up 13 AD and 1 monitoring wares, stuff like Smart Tag and isearch toolbar where ever they came from. I will see have SE compares.

Jason