cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A quick question

N/A

A quick question

Hi

Is "Outlook" by default more secure than "Outlook Express" or does it have the same facilities to turn off the preview pane and not to open or save possibly infected attachments.

IanJ
6 REPLIES
N/A

A quick question

they both suck, use thunderbird

http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/
N/A

A quick question

use thunderbird

What!!! and give up my nice safe Mac OS 10.3.9 e-mail program...... I think not ;-)
N/A

A quick question

It depends which version of outlook your comparing to outlook express. I use the latest version of outlook and it's much safer than outlook express.

For a start by default, any e-mails are only displayed in plain text, which means on viruses etc can run, and spammer can not verify my address by 1 pixel gifs.

Buz, there are better e-mail clients than thunderbird Tongue
N/A

A quick question

sure there is, but i like it. And it works.
N/A

A quick question

To some extent it's a matter of taste and (in my case, at least) "better the devil you know ....", but I'm still using that good old freebie, Pegasus, and haven't found a reason to change yet.
N/A

A quick question

Must admit while I loved Pegasus I've gone over to using my Yahoo mail account for all my email - with the Mailplus upgrade it gives me more storage space and the spam filter is effective -- with the real plus point for me being I can access all my personal email at work...