cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4th email address not working

N/A

I have just the other week made up my 4th email address for my email account with plusnet and done exactly what I did on the other two extra email addresses other than my default one put new_email_name@username.plus.com and my account name being username+new_email_name all seems ok when its searching and going through authorizing all 4 email addresses but I have just signed up with a company and they said contact them if you don't recive a confirmation email within the hour well I never did and tryed sending two emails to myself to check the mailbox was working and nothing has arrived, don't know what to do.

Any suggestions, how many mailboxes is allowed?

Philip
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

you have unlimited mailboxes.

Please raise a contact us ticket on this so Plusnet can check your mailbox is setup correctly.
N/A

tryed that Peter and no one seems to reply. Still no emails coming through all the other three seem to work and as I say did the same for the other extra mailboxs only the address does have a _ in between two words to seperate them , could that effect the email address from working

Philip
Community Veteran

underscores are valid for email addresses.

You will have to wait for plusnet to get around to dealing with your ticket as they are the only ones who can solve this one. They are very busy which has meant some tickets are taking longer to deal with than normal. You may get a reply from the night shift as they often get through the tickets oustanding from the day shift (not so many people ringing it or raising tickets).

Can you actually send mail out from that mailbox - try it via webmail (see link top left).
N/A

Hi Peter

just tryed with the webmail to send something out and although it said it was sent successfully it never arrived in the mailbox I sent it so tryed with outlook express and it amazingly worked so it sends with outlook but doesn't recieve for some reason.