cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

401 error

kenny
Grafter

401 error

I`m trying to use X-Lite to make a call to a normal BT landline. It will not even startup, I`ve put all the details in for settings as said in the F9 website settings. Its giving out:-

Registration error: 401 - Unauthorised

I`m on the £14.99 a month package

Any help anyone
4 REPLIES
Blackthornehous
Dabbler

401 error

I had several problems initially. Stating the obvious I know, but have you the very latest version of the software? Also worth having a look at the CounterPath support forums at http://support.xten.net/. Best I can offer is to persevere as the software/F9 system seems tempremental to say the least, working one day and 'locking' you out the next. Good luck!
kenny
Grafter

401 error

I had several problems initially. Stating the obvious I know, but have you the very latest version of the software? Also worth having a look at the CounterPath support forums at http://support.xten.net/. Best I can offer is to persevere as the software/F9 system seems tempremental to say the least, working one day and 'locking' you out the next. Good luck!

Yes got the updated software yesterday

still the same
Blackthornehous
Dabbler

401 error

If my memory serves me correct, error code 401 is a name/password issue which also caused me problems. Think I overcame this by entering my SIP no.as the user name.
N/A

401 error

I had to tell F9 how to set up my router for voip calls

sip URL enter voicemail box number
username as above
password xxxx make yours up
confirm password xxx as above
display name blank
Abbrevited number blank
port 1

service config
register sip.plus.net
reg port 5060
proxy sip.plus.net
proxy port 5060
Expire time 3600

I use my speedtouch 716v5wl router for voip calls I can plug-in a normal phone no headsets don't have to leave the computer on and excellent line quality my mrs cannot tell I am using my voip phone. The router is now less than £70 4 ports and its wirless too it the best buy I have had for ages

F9 still sell them

puddy