cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£1 domain name

N/A

£1 domain name

Hi there

I have just filled out the form to register my £1 domain name.

Does anyone know how long it takes to regisiter and when I wll be able to use it?

Many thanks

Andy

Moderators note (John) Topic moved from ADSL forum as it's not an ADSL subject
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

£1 domain name

I can't recall exactly how long it took for mine to become available but it was only a couple of days for it to appear on the PlusNet server.
You then need to allow another few days for all the rest of the world to catch up.
rafael
Grafter

£1 domain name

What does the below mean..I have just registered for a.co.uk domain...
As it says it is set to expire in 2006 but hosting is set to expire in 2005..what will happen in 2005- will I have to re register hosting with Plusnet as the domain is still mine until 2006 ....
By the way I am on the £1 a month plan

"Your domain, www.(yourdomain).co.uk is set to expire on 2006-01-07
Your hosting for domain, www.(yourdomain).co.uk is set to expire on 2005-01-07

You can find our latest pricing here (subject to T&C's)

Your current domain configuration means you will lose your domain, (yourdomain).co.uk, when it expires.
If you wish to keep your domain after this date, click here."
N/A

£1 domain name

These are the dates when PlusNet will need to confirm if any further billing requirments are needed.

As this is included as one of yoru free domains, hosting should simply roll over for another year. The same should happen for the £1 domain in 2006.
rafael
Grafter

£1 domain name

Cheers so basically
will the £1 a month not come out of my account for the year 2005 as I have paid for the domain in 2004....as plusnet will host it for free in 2005.??

Cheers
ps I am new to this ....and I need to start building a website ......ahhhhhhhhSmiley
N/A

£1 domain name

You will pay £1 per month for as long as you keep the domain.
The hosting is free with your account, but the domain name has to be paid for or your loose it.
rafael
Grafter

£1 domain name

Cheers

If the domain is transfered out, do you have to continue to pay plus net for the domain. Until the expire data, or would you have to pay the new company.

?Huh
Community Veteran

£1 domain name

I think it depends on how long ago you registered it via PluNet.
I cant recall the time offhand but if you transfer it before say 1 year then you have to pay towards the registration.
After this time has passed then you can xfer it out and pay nothing more to PlusNet.