cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0845 number

N/A

0845 number

It appears that my 0845 number alocated to my plus talk account does not work. when calling from external phone it just gets the answer machine, giving my sip number as unavailable and to leave a message.
The number has been used within the month so it should not have been diconected through lack of use.
I have just upgraded to X-lite v3 from v2, it was doing same on v2 by the way.
Phil
11 REPLIES
N/A

0845 number

I have exactly the same problem.
Did youf finda a solution?
N/A

0845 number

No FOL no help, just sent link to setup info, doesn't answer Q
N/A

0845 number

Do you have a specified STUN server?
N/A

0845 number

I have changed Stun server as per instructions regards firewall and even a setting from the forum, it makes no difference. It did work with old X-lite software phone when originally installed, but had stopped just before I upgraded to V3.
Phil
N/A

0845 number

It appears FOL/Plusnet have identified a problem with 0845 no's for some users, see Service Status Messages http://portal.free-online.net/supportpages.html?a=2&support_action=messages&ispservice_id=plustalk
N/A

0845 number

I have followed setup instructions to the letter as suplied throgh FOL/Plustalk and it has worked, the 0845 number rings out.
Check these links
Flash version
http://www.free-online.net/support/videohelp/broadbandphonesetup.swf

Html version

http://www.free-online.net/support/phonecalls/broadbandphone/broadband_phone_guides/setup.shtml?link...
Phil
Community Veteran

0845 number

Hi

Did anyone get an answer to this? My 0845 number goes directly to voicemail. X-Lite is set up as per the instructions, and I can make out-going calls ok.

John
N/A

0845 number plus bad reception

If I remember correctly, I uninstalled x-lite software then reinstalled the latest version and followed the video setup guide as my above reply, (the html setup link does not work).
On this all worked, I got the 0845 number incoming to work OK. But months on due to the phone audio quality being garbled to the recepient I uninstalled X-lite for-ever, unable to use any of my free 240 minutes, (can I get a rebate?)and thus rendering the 0845 number timed out through lack of use.
I now use Skype, its as clear as bell, (no pun intended)
Phil
Community Veteran

0845 number

Thanks. I'll give that a try. Smiley

outgoing calls seem to be ok for audio at the moment. We'll see what happens.

John
Community Veteran

0845 number

OK. Uninstalled X-lIte and reinstalled completely. Incoming calls still go straight to voicemail :?

How much does Skype cost?Huh
N/A

0845 number

Hi John, I have as a matter of interest re-installed xlite and configured and guess what, when ringing the 0845 I get the voice mail, so it aint just you.
Im wonder why FOL havent offered any reasons why this happens, come on FOL we really want to use this.
OK skype is free, go to www.skype.com download the software, configure with user name and address details, plonk on a mike and head set, or your speakers. It is free all over the world to talk Skype to Skype and calls to landlines in UK or most of the big countries e.g. Canada, Usa, Europe are approx 1.4 pence per min, you can use this anywhere in the world.I can talk to friends in Turkey for over an hour for nothing as they are on skype to.
Good luck
Phil