cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wont send emails

owlguard
Grafter

wont send emails

I wrote back from an email i received last night with 3 photos attached,it wouldnt send.This morning i tried again from the outbox and it wouldnt send the email,even though i put the txt on a new email,then to my surprise while i was looking through emails it wizzed out of the outbox on its own accord.I thought all ok but tried to send another one just now and the same things happened,its stuck in the outbox,it says it rejected me as sender,says authentication 530 needed.A few other bits and bobs.Anyone know what it might be.regards ray.
6 REPLIES 6
owlguard
Grafter

Re: wont send emails

This problem is fixed,if nobody answered because they thought i should have the fix tool downloaded,well ive downloaded and it fixed the problem straight away,so it has worked for me,thanks.Havent been on these forums for quite a while,so hello to everyone at plusnet,you still seem to be giving good value and the telephone calls etc going up, has not put me out that much.I dont like price increases but if the service is good value,well thats life,as they say.
                                                                        take care everyone and good luck to all,regards ray and up the owls.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

To be fair I think there wasn't an answer as either we couldn't think what could be wrong or anyone who thought they could help wasn't logged in.
If someone had suggested using the fix it tool I would have said use it at your own peril  Embarrassed but as it worked in your case it fulfilled it's purpose although the fact that presumably the email worked previously did tend to raise more questions than answers
owlguard
Grafter

Hi Oldjim,thanks for the reply.I get the feeling your not sure or happy with the plusnet tool.If its not to much trouble,is there anything you can tell me why i shouldnt use it,if you say its not to good in your machine,i think i will definetly get it out of my machine.,much respect over the years mate,thanks.regards ray.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Have a  read here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,98853.0.html
There were a number of glitches.
Basically it is of most use to the totally clueless - not that I am saying you are - but the fixes to email can just as easily be done via a few questions and answers here.
It did throw up a few silly alarms (your wireless strength is low - but I don't have a wireless card in my computer) and adds a load of stuff related to monitoring/controlling the Plusnet supplied router (it said mine was faulty and should contact Plusnet but it was a Netgear DG834G which was working fine)
This is my personal opinion and probably (almost certainly) Digital Care will jump all over me for saying it.  Roll_eyes
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

As Jim says it's intended more for those who just want to use a standard setup with the router we supply, which is to be fair the majority of our customers. It's also good for those who aren't so interested in how their broadband works and why it does what it does, but would rather just have things working so they don't have to worry about it.
@Jim - doesn't sound so bad when phrased as per the above does it? Wink
Oldjim
Resting Legend

You should have been in marketing  Grin