cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

win10 mail sent mail not saved

Davidgealy

win10 mail sent mail not saved

Win10 mail saves live.com sent mails but not my plus net mails. I think this is because live mail has a 'sent' folder whereas plusnet has 'sent items' folder. I believe they have to be the same name. How do I rename my plusnet folders to 'sent'

4 REPLIES 4
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: win10 mail sent mail not saved

Try your Plusnet webmail.  You'll probably see there that you have both a Sent and a Sent Items folder.  It might be possible to change the default destination for sent messages via the webmail interface,  Alternatively you should be able to adjust your Windows 10 Mail settings to view the Sent items folder and not view the Sent folder.  

ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

So if you found the Sent folder in Webmail you should also have found that your sent mail is in that Sent folder and has been saved although you were unaware of this.

The first few paragraphs here explain how to make a folder visible in Windows 10 Mail: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/customize-the-folder-list-in-mail-for-windows-10-3663aa8c-1...    

Davidgealy

Sent email not showing in Sent folder

Might I suggest that plusnet users steer clear of Win10 mail. After two weeks of discussions with MS and Plusnet and trying many solutions I still cannot save "plus.com" sent mails whereas "live.com" sent mails will. I have abandoned Win10 mail.

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note:

Thread moved from Tech Help to Email.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still