Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wierd Email opening

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

wierd Email opening

this has been happening a lot just recently , is it me or is it PN ?
when i open a new email , as i see them but then it opens a different one than the selected one  Huh
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
5 REPLIES 5
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: wierd Email opening

Hi rongtw,
Are there any specific steps you make in order to see this and is it the same with different browsers?
Would like to see if I can replicate it if possible  Wink

Thanks,
Adam C
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Hi , i only ! use FF  Wink on 30 now just updated , but did same occasionally on FF29 and i only use the web mail.
have TOTally unistall IE  Cool Cool Cool Cool not a trace on my pc , and i detest Chrome .
All i do is open web mail , log on and open any emails  Wink and then it happens ?Huh
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
kmilburn
Grafter

This looks like a reoccurence of an old problem that has never been fixed (from what we can tell), and from prevouis investigations appeared to be a caused by a server cache failure resulting in a mismatch between the original message id's on the items in the list, and the message id's of the items on the server.
Usually clicking on the inbox will return the list in the new order.
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Morning both,
Just had a really good play around with webmail in Firefox 24.0 and haven't been able to replicate this at all.
I attempted to trick it by clicking back and forth on random emails rapidly but each time I ended up with the correct content displayed for the highlighted email across all folders so I'm a bit stumped on this one!
May be worth testing with alternate browsers if possible so we can see if this is something localised to the current or previous build of FF.

Thanks,
Adam C
kmilburn
Grafter

Hi Adam
We've tried replicating the problem before,  and it's a proved illusive.
This was only earliest instances I could find http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,101440.0.html
which was followed up by  http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,105430.0.html,
and a related/same underlying issue with different symptoms http://community.plus.net/forum/?topic=104326.msg902746