cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

webmail

phillipbaker
Dabbler

webmail

are plus net planning to stay with squirrelmail. I find it very slow. Round Cube is much better. Does anything think they would consider switching to that.
5 REPLIES 5
Mand
Grafter

Re: webmail

Hi there,
We did run a trial using Roundcube last year, I'll check internally what the plans for webmail are.
phillipbaker
Dabbler

that would be good. i know at one point i think you was using @mail or someting like that. Why was it changed for squirrel mail.
Not applicable

Those of us who were on the RoundCube trial still have access to it so I wonder if you could be added to the list of users?
The feedback was favourable in general but I found one or two problems with our version so am still using SM.
I have the impression that PN are not going to proceed with replacing SM, although no one has said as much (just going on the mammoth SM thread which wasn't responded to in any paractical sense). 
As more and more people are using free online services such as Zoho, Yahoo and the like, it is one area where cuts can be made.  Other ISPs seem to be dispensing with this too AFAIK.
Some of the free ones like Gmail can be configured to fetch mail and also have it sent out with your PN email address. Gmail in particular loads faster particularly if set up in basic HTML style.
Zoho loads very quickly and has a lovely clean interface. I think that this can fetch mail too but not tried it. It can send mail out with your PN address.
* Philip - PN changed to SM as an emergency, short term solution after hackers got into the old system - it was about 3 years ago but can't remember exactly.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: poppy
Those of us who were on the RoundCube trial still have access to it so I wonder if you could be added to the list of users?

I'v sent you a PM Phillip.
PN changed to SM as an emergency, short term solution after hackers got into the old system - it was about 3 years ago but can't remember exactly.

Linky!

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Interesting re-reading the 7 action points at the end of that report.
Could you post me a link to the spam detection rates and tell me how to configure my email client to use SSL for POP3 and IMAP email and FTP with the Plusnet servers please. Tongue
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)