cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

webmail down again?

artmo
Aspiring Champion

Re: webmail down again?

This was first reported here about 8 hours ago.  Wonder why PN hadn't picked it up themselves Undecided
Not applicable

Still down this morning so have reported it once again.
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Yep, you're right Poppy.  Maybe someone will deal with it today.
Not applicable

Up and running again since approximately two or three hours ago. It is OK now but wonder for how long?  Huh
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Yes all back to normal.  Seems a common problem though and I wonder why Undecided
boavon
Grafter

Yippee! Webmail is working fo me too, this afternoon.  What happened to those days of PNs complete honety and transparancy?  If PN doesn't know what fixes it (and I can accept that sometimes this is the case) then another simple admission of this would help, followed by a plan of action to get to the bottom of the problem.  I suggest it would be useful to compare the known state at one given point in time and then all the things that have happened up to the point when the fix occurred.  One or more of the events in this log will point to the root cause of the problem and even if this takes time/resource to solve permanently then at least replicating the fix should be relatively easy.  Of course, I'm assuming such comprehensive event logs are kept!
artmo
Aspiring Champion

A while ago PN were looking at Roundcube for webmail.  Maybe this is why they're not rushing to fix the present system Undecided
Not applicable

Having access to Roundcube myself, it seems to me that looking is all that PN have done. All has now gone silent on this subject.
This has reminded me that I should have checked into RC when SM was down - I forgot! Would have been useful perhaps.  Embarrassed
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Poppy in an emergency you can get your email from:
http://www.mail2web.com
reserved
Grafter

Down again for me now, was ok earlier this morning. Clicking on any message in "inbox" just opens a blank page.
This is getting a bit repetitive now  Sad
Ticket ref: 32970701 raised
talpa
Grafter

Yep, me too. Very annoying ...
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi all, sorry about that - it should now be fixed.
talpa
Grafter

Yep - perfect. have you resolved the actual issue - or should I be expecting it to die again at some point?
reserved
Grafter

Yes, working again!
Ticket submitted @ 2.24pm, one reply @ 3.52pm, another reply @ 3.53pm and another @ 4.07pm.    Is this a record?  Wink
Not applicable

At the risk of stating the obvious, in which case I apologize, I have just had a good clear out of stored emails in SM and have already observed that it is functioning much quicker.
I am now wondering if this might prevent repeats of the intermittent fault that has been occurring.
It seems that Squirrelmail is no storage facility - the number of emails that were there would hardly have registered in Gmail.