cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

webmail calender not working

stuck
Rising Star

webmail calender not working

I've tried using both FF and IE but I can't add an event to my webmail calendar.  Is this feature not actually working yet?
stuck
26 REPLIES 26
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: webmail calender not working

I can't seem to get it to work either, then I thought perhaps I should read the user guide, so off I went, uh oh, no mention of the calendar.
I tried every which way, but no, I can add events, they just seem to be totally invisible afterwards!
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

In the best traditions of Blue Peter - here's one I made earlier.
HOWEVER - I can't make one from new now (using XPSP3-FF11) - and I can't edit that entry either. The Edit popup appears, I edit it, I press the Save button, the Save button changes to red - and it hangs. The Cancel button works though and I've found I can drag that entry to another date, or even drag one edge to make it a two day event
drj
Aspiring Pro

For the record I've just tried it in Chrome too - doesn't allow new entries or text editing there either
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I have electronic calendars coming out of my ears but for the sake of research I tried creating an entry.
Failed in FF 13.0.1.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Certainly looks like something's broken. I've raised an internal problem to have somebody take a look (ref: 71948).

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Right, should be fixed now folks. If people can try again and let me know how they get on then it would be appreciated ...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

drj
Aspiring Pro

Don't know whether I'm too quick in trying but it's not yet working for me - posting an entry results in - no entry.  XPSP3-FF13 - let's see how others fare...
kmilburn
Grafter

Working for me in FF13 (Win7).
drj
Aspiring Pro

Just tried again - still not working. I've cleared the cache and deleted all the PlusNet cookies - still no joy. But then I don't and won't be using it so non-critical.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

No, it's good that you've mentioned that it's still not working for you. As I've said on one of the other threads, there has to be something odd about your account setup which is not obvious, and clues like this, another bit of jig-saw, may help Bob Pullen or whoever track down what's actually happening.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: drj
Just tried again - still not working. I've cleared the cache and deleted all the PlusNet cookies - still no joy. But then I don't and won't be using it so non-critical.

Just created a test event using your account for tomorrow without any problems. I'm using Firefox 13 too.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

drj
Aspiring Pro

For info I can see your test event but can't edit it or create another. I will try on my other two machines presently to see if I can replicate the same problem still on those.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Just tried it and it's working for me.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
drj
Aspiring Pro

Just tried on my laptop - exactly the same as on my desktop. I go through the motions of creating an entry and it disappears, and if I try and edit the test entry nothing happens when I press Save except the latter turns red...
Problem is all my machines are XPSP3 so I can't try an alternative platform.
On my desktop I've tried FF13, Google 20 and IE8 - none work the calendar; however Chrome is MUCH quicker - but possibly because it refuses to run the site in secure mode. Neither Chrome nor IE8 "trusts" Plusnet...
Don't worry about the fact none of my machines will run the calendar - because I'm never going to use it - but if I can't presumably others might be affected in a similar manner?