cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

waitrose email unable to connect since 09/08/2014

bobp
Grafter

waitrose email unable to connect since 09/08/2014

I have had a waitrose.com email account since forever (was my dial-up). I have been with PlusNet since March 2005 but kept the waitrose email address as it was the address I had used for registering for many services, that still contact me through this address.
Since 07:00 on 09/08/2014 I have been unable to connect to the server at mail.waitrose.com using Windows Live Mail to download or send emails - an error box pops up asking for username and password. Full error:-
Unable to send or receive messages for the Waitrose account. An incorrect password was entered. The next time you send or receive messages, you'll be asked to enter your user name and password for this account.
Server Error: 0x800CCC90
Server Response: -ERR Login failed.
Server: 'mail.waitrose.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC92
Protocol: POP3
Port: 110
Secure(SSL): No
I have the same problem if I try to access my account through webmail.waitrose.com  The error is 'Unfortunately we are not able to log you in to Webmail. Please ensure that you have entered your full email address and password correctly.'
It looks as if my account has been deleted. I thought I would try here before opening a question  to support.
Bob
8 REPLIES 8
picbits
Rising Star

Re: waitrose email unable to connect since 09/08/2014

That does look very much like a problem with the Waitrose email server - you are physically connecting to it but it is refusing to allow you access.
Either you IP address has been deliberately blocked by Waitrose, your account with them has been frozen or deactivated or they are having temporary problems with their servers.
What happens when you try and send an email to that address ? Does it go through or get bounced back ?
kdiment
Rising Star

Probably a problem with just your Waitrose account, not all Waitrose accounts, because SWMBO uses Waitrose for email and it seems to be working normally.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Bob,
Thank you for your time on the phone, I hope all is now sorted for you.
Please let me know if not.
bobp
Grafter

Thanks Chris
Either I copied the letters and number incorrectly or the grandchildren distracted me or I should have waited longer before trying. Unfortunately I am still locked out. Sad
Bob
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Sorted Smiley
bobp
Grafter

As you say now sorted Smiley
Thank you Chris.
Bob
The downside is that I agreed that once this was sorted I would go and make Loom Bands Sad
jimatliv

I'm having exactly the same error with my TOTALISE (a Plusnet company) e-mail. Since the 8th Aug I have not been able to log in from outlook express. I'm expecting important e-mail that I can't access. Webmail is not working from the MADASAFISH site and I cannot log in to generate a ticket with them. My user name/password is not recognised. The phone support had a 45min wait. Any idea what is going on? I pay for the Justmail service.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Hi Jim,
I've replied to the ticket raised against your Plusnet account. There's an email sat in your Totalise mailbox that should explain what happened.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵