Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

valid links rejected in outgoing email

FIXED
kaspencer
Rising Star

valid links rejected in outgoing email

@Townman Thanks so much for your reply. Very helpful.

Could I trouble you with another issue, which has blighted me for a long time, and is as follows:

I have several sub-domains on the domain mywire.org (e.g. fridayventurers.mywire.org, my-music.mywire.org) with DNS services provided by a paid-for DDNS service provider.

Whenever I try to include a link to one of these subdomains in an email to be sent via a PlusNet account, the PlusNet mail server rejects the message as having a virus or being SPAM (you know the message I'm sure). My GMail accounts send with no issues. There is nothing on those sites that should cause such a rejection, although as an organist, the words "pipe organ", "virtual organ", etc, do occur quite alot. I have approached the DDNS provider who claims that their domains are free of hazard, although, understandably, they cannot necessarily guarantee that all their subdomains are likewise.

It would be excellent if you could use your investigative skills to resolve that issue!

Many thanks again for your help. If you are ever in West Wiltshire, the "lurgy" has gone, I'll buy you a pint!

Kenneth Spencer

Moderators Note: Topic title changed after split.

11 REPLIES 11
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: Incoming email from a legitimate sender is being rejected ...

Good morning Kenneth,

Thank you for the offer of a beer ... hope there is some good real ale in your neck of the woods?

Interesting websites!!

I do not have the skills (access) to investigate directly, but I do have the ability to reproduce the problem and pass on information to someone who can investigate.  This I have done.  I will let you know if they are able to determine anything useful.

Cheers, Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JW
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 24

@kaspencer 

The logs around these rejections have been reviewed, but that hasn't provided sufficient information to reset things to allow fresh messages to flow. In order to complete the review, we would need a full copy of the original message, so I've raised ticket 210553730 on your account. Once you have the sample, please attach it to that so we can have it reviewed further for you.

Jon W
 Plusnet
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: valid links rejected in outgoing email

Moderators Note

This topic has been split from another thread as it’s a separate issue.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Re: valid links rejected in outgoing email

@kaspencer 

Hi Kenneth,

There is some possibility that there is a lot going on here which you might need to look at in some detail, so I have sent you a PM.  Anything non-personal to you and your domain which emerges from this can be shared later for the benefit of other users, who might have similar issues relating to the websites / domains they own.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

kaspencer
Rising Star

@JW Thanks so much for your interest and help with this issue.

I have responded to the ticket and provided what I hope is all the information you have asked for. I expect you'll get back to me if you need more.

I'll await the outcome with interest!

Best wishes

Kenneth Spencer

kaspencer
Rising Star

@JW 

Sorry to trouble you again, but I have had an email:

"This Question is now closed. You can review all comments on our website."

On the Ticket itself there is this:

[CSA Removed]- CSC - Team Managers
10:41am, Friday 22 Jan 2021
We’re sorry, but you can no longer raise a query online or via ticket and as such this message will not be responded too.

Should you need assistance please call us on 0800 432 0200.
Kind regards,
[CSA Removed]

Is [CSA Removed] a bit premature, as this issue is not yet resolved?

Thanks
Kenneth Spencer

Moderators note: CSA name removed as per Forum rules

JW
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

@kaspencer 

Thanks for the information you've provided. I've passed it to the relevant people for further review.

With regards to the ticket, all I can say is that it's served it's purpose, being a means to obtain the information needed. As it's sometimes difficult to obtain that via a private message on the forums.

Jon W
 Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@JW  - thank you for your assistance.

@kaspencer  - I have "offered" feedback through the SU channel on your ticket being closed!

kaspencer
Rising Star

@JW 

@Townman 

Thanks for the responses. So I shall await any news with great interest!

Kenneth Spencer

JW
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Fix

@kaspencer 

I've received an update this morning that the review has been completed and some adjustments have been made. As such, any further emails you wish to send with your domains in should make it through the spam filter without issue.

Jon W
 Plusnet
kaspencer
Rising Star

@JW @Townman 

That is more than excellent news Jon and Kevin. That issue had been frustrating me for quite a long time so I am truly grateful for your assistance.

Very many thanks indeed ... at least one pint has been earned by both if you are ever in West Wiltshire (after COVID of course!).

Kenneth Spencer