cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

username.me.uk

Trumpf

username.me.uk

Help please. I have two mailboxes mine@usename.plus.com & wifes@username.plus.com both have their own password & have their own webmail login. all works fine.
Some time ago I was notified that I could also use mine@username.me.uk this uses my password and works fine. Although it doesn't appear in my list of mailboxes or aliases.
I am now trying to set up my wife's Outlook POP3 account to use wifes@username.me.uk but with no success. I am assuming that it is some sort of alias off of wifes@username.plus.com. However, I get an error 550 <emails address> sender rejected - invalid domain (no MX or A record) any ideas please?
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: username.me.uk

I think that you may be missing a critical piece of information
As far as the Plusnet systems are concerned me@username.plus.com and me@somesite are treated exactly the same.
In other words once the email is received to a recognised domain the system only looks at the bit before the @
So if I get an email addressed to me@username.plus.com or me@username.co.uk as an example it will be downloaded to me@username.plus.com
Can you be a bit more specific with respect to the information you put in Outlook as the outgoing server should be relay.plus.net and if it isn't that may be where the problem occurs
Trumpf

The Outlook settings are wife@username.me.uk with incoming server as mail.plus.net  & outgoing is relay.plus.net. This one fails with error 550 as explained.
I have my@username.me.uk with the same in & out servers which works fine.
I am assuming that the @username.me.uk which PlusNet told me I could use, works the same as @username.plus.com Unfortunately there is nothing about this in my PlusNet Member Centre> email settings>Manage my mail.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

In which case I have no idea
This will probably need staff to check
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

username.me.uk is a paid for domain. I can't see how someone could have one "free" with PlusNet.
kmilburn
Grafter

I have a free (to me) .me.uk courtesy of plusnet,  as a result of the email hack several years ago.
Assuming trumpf's is similar, it should be setup in the same manner as the plus. com domain.  You can check the basics in the domain names section on the portal.  Additionally you can use http://network-tools.com or similar sites to check the dns records.  Only plusnet can alter the mx records.
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1