Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to sed emails from abroad

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: unable to sed emails from abroad

@outinthesticks use http://www.whatsmyip.org/ that will give your your public IP

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @outinthesticks,

The link that @MisterW has provided should tell you your IP address when you click on the link. Can you try that and let us know how you get on.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
outinthesticks
Grafter

thanks - its giving me [Removed] as the IP address

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information (IP address) removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Can you try reporting this to Cloudmark again using the same link but changing the IP address to the one you’re having issues with?
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
outinthesticks
Grafter

thanks have done so and got message to say that the IP address might be related to spam - see attached screenshot. I've gone ahead and submitted it anyway.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@Gandalf from that screenshot, Cloudmark seem to be assuming that the IP is being used to send mail directly, in which case it might be reasonable to have an appropriate rDNS setting. In this case though, the Cloudmark reputation is ONLY being used to allow/prevent smtp authentication with the PN smtp server. Doesn't seem reasonable in that case to expect rDNS and I'm sure @outinthesticks has no control of the rDNS for a dynamic IP from his ISP.  Maybe time to get Bob involved if the latest reset isn't accepted...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

outinthesticks
Grafter

I am now able to send emails without any problem so I assume that Cloudmark have done a reset, in which case it seems to have worked. Very grateful to everyone who has helped with this. Thank you.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

That's good news.Smiley

I'm off to Portugal in a couple of weeks so I think I'll bookmark this thread in case I get allocated a problem IP out there