cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

still waiting for email only account

theseddons

still waiting for email only account

Left Plusnet 14th March and had previously requested to switch to email only account.  I'm waiting to re-buld the mailbox structure. When I log in it still says account is closing down and I can't change anything.

How long does this take?

5 REPLIES 5
bigjohnuk
Dabbler

Re: still waiting for email only account

As a tip keep you email with something like Microsoft or Google as it does not matter who the ISP is. Both have first class platforms.

theseddons

Thanks @bigjohnuk , we've already switched to gmail after near-constant frustration with Plusnet mailbox sizes.  Ongoing email only account is a safety net for us going forward - just giving it 12 months to make sure everyone we know has our new addresses.

Frustrating thing  is this period just after switching is probably the most important for catching stray emails, and for the last week emails have just been bouncing without us knowing.

bigjohnuk
Dabbler

Hi 

Fab to read. Another tip. Go mad and buy yourself your own domain name. Ensure the domain name supports email forwarding. Odd name I know, but check out www.joker.com 

with a domain it does not matter where your email is and you friends etc will always have your email address with your domain.

Kind regards

John

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Email

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your post @theseddons and apologies for the delayed staff response. I'm sorry for the delay in getting your account re-instated as email only. We've completed the work now. I'd recommend logging into your account online then going to Manage My Mail at http://www.plus.net/email to resetup your mailboxes and settings as they were before.

If you find you've lost any mail, let me know and I'll get these restored back to you. Apologies again for the delay.

Let me know how it goes and if there's anything else you'd need help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet