Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spam

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

spam

This item has come up for discussion several times but I simply want to know how to block spam.
If I report something as spam from the drop down menu in Plusnet webmail I don't expect to see it again but this is not doing the trick and it still appears.
Why can we not have something in the menu to block any individual e-mail we do not wish to hear from again ?
How hard can it be to add this to the e-mail program ?
We are born into history and history is born into us.
3 REPLIES 3
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: spam

You can block individual emails addresses from contacting you in Manage My Mail , click the spam tab and use the whitelisting/blacklisting at the bottom of the page.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Still not clear on this.
I Have set everything on the page, Manage my Mail, to block spam and put it on the highest setting.
I see there is a box for white or black listing does this mean that every time I get spam mail I have to paste and then copy the address in the Black box listing ?
Can the spam button just not transfer the address to the Black List box or am I missing something here ?
We are born into history and history is born into us.
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

You have to manually add the address in the relevant box if you want all relevant emails to be treated so. The Spam button does something else though others would have to properly advise since I'm not sufficiently up on how everything works.