cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spam box and aliases

pierre_pierre
Grafter

spam box and aliases

I look at my e-mails with IMAP and only just noticed that I dont have a spam box on my alias redirect Odds address.
been into manage my accounts and cant find how to create one, just to see if any go there.
How do I look?
5 REPLIES 5
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: spam box and aliases

As far as I'm aware the mail system automatically creates a Spam folder for each mailbox if it needs one. So the absence of such a folder implies that mailbox has not received any spam. Two of my mailboxes don't have Spam folders. Aliases wouldn't have a separate Spam folder, only the target mailbox.
David
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

The creation of the 'Spam' folder is conditional and based on the following:

• You have the option enabled to move spam messages to the Spam folder under the 'Spam' tab in Manage My Mail (you have).

• An incoming message has been identified by the system as spam and an attempt made to move it to the Spam folder.

If the latter hasn't happened then you won't see a Spam folder in your subscription list.
As it happens though, you do have a Spam folder and a message has been sat in there since Saturday. You'll probably need to tell your mail client to subscribe to the folder though.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

pierre_pierre
Grafter

eventually did it Bob, that e-mail is in my blocked addresses list, but the last two are still slipping through
software_innovations4@stateez.com
software_innovations5@deeanin.com
bounce@email-cp.co.uk
software_innovations5@constong.com
software_innovations5@purpath.com
connorsmum@aim.com
software_innovations5@zanytop.com
marketing@freelancer-direct.co.uk

ChrisL
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi pierre, are you still getting messages from @zanytop.com or is it just the last entry on your blocked list that doesn't work?  Have you tried terminating the last entry with a carriage-return to see if that makes a difference?
All the best
Chris
edit: sorry, this might belong on your other thread....
pierre_pierre
Grafter

you are correct I had forgotten about the other tread when I put that in, got more from Zanytop yesterday