cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow email

laura
Grafter

slow email

hi, I have been experiencing slow e mail for quite a time now.  It is slow to open the webmail program, and slow at log in. Once logged in opening an e mail takes a while, once I have written an e mail and press send it takes a while too. My log in name for e mail is julieeln. The rest of the service is ok at the moment.  I have noticed others have had this problem in previous days, but I haven't seen that it is a general fault affecting many. Can someone at PN help at all? Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: slow email

mrob
Grafter

To add to this discussion...my webmail has been getting slower and slower since last week to the point that today it is to all intents and purposes unusable.
Please fix asap !!
mrob
laura
Grafter

oldjim, thanks for your response, I had seen the posts you referenced. It looks to be a growing problem.  I have just tried my e mail and things are still the same.
davek
Dabbler

Whilst there's some comfort in realising that you're not alone in your suffering, I'd rather see Plusnet addressing this problem! It's not new, and I've been on to customer support several times over the last few years. No permanent solution has been offered, but for the record here is the message I sent to the support people today.
Once again I have a problem with chronically slow responses on the webmail system - I last reported this in December 2013 (subsequently cleared) and on previous occasions over the years, and during which I have used different machines and operating systems. I need to stress that this is not a general broadband speed problem - I have generally fast access to all other web sites, including the main Plusnet site, the problem is specific to the Plusnet webmail site. The characteristics are:
1. Extreme slowness in opening the Inbox page - today it has taken nearly 60 sec to open on numerous occasions.
2. Slowness in any operation involving email opening, deletion and movement between folders.
3. Sporadic nature of the problem - typically the response can be normal for a period of hours, then slowing down for a similar period, then (if I've been patient enough to stay logged in) clearing again.
4. Running the broadband speed checker at the time the webmail access is slow gives download speeds ranging between 4800 and 6000 Kbps, similar to those when operating satisfactorily.
5. Switching off the router and back on again makes no difference.
6. The slowness of the webmail response effectively makes the site unusable on all our devices (Windows, Mac and Android), whereas all other internet operations are running at normal speed.
Please find a solution to this problem. As it is so specific to the one site alone (Plusnet webmail) the solution must lie at your end.
I'll let you know if anything positive happens, but don't hold your breathe given the ever-increasing response time estimates!