cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

settings for additional mailbox

aspentree

settings for additional mailbox

Having successfully got my e-mail account onto my Samsung Galaxy I was so pleased with myself that I tried to do the same for my wife's mailbox but to no avail.
I entered my wife's maibox name but she got my mail. She is not best pleased!  (and she now knows all about my 3 mistresses and my gambling debts!)
The settings I used were:
First time around I used the account "username" and nothing else, for the second attempt I used account "username+wife's mailbox name". Should I actually enter the "+" sign or simply put "account usernamewife's mailbox name" (no space)
Password: wife's password
Incoming server: POP3 mail.plus.net, Port 110 (should I use IMAP?)
outgoing server: relay.plus.net, Port 25
If I can set my wife's 'phone so that she gets her e-mail on holiday from this Friday I may get just a little shred of gratitude so any help will be gratefully received and faithfully applied.
John
3 REPLIES 3
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: settings for additional mailbox

Use "username+wife's mailbox name" without the inverted commas
If you want her to be able to pick up her emails from her usual PC as well as the phone you either use IMAP or tell the system to leave the emails on the server
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Logging in to webmail (http://webmail.plus.net/) provides means to check the correct mailbox format and password is being used. If that works the same values should work on the phone.
The + is a required character and there must be no spaces in the entry.
For sending messages when mobile you might want to check using authentication and the alternative port 587 with relay.plus.net announced here. That would avoid the block that some mobile ISPs place on port 25.
David
aspentree

Yes! Success.
I tried port 587 etc and my wife is now smiling again Crazy