cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

security E-mail

Teds31
Grafter

security E-mail

I have just recieved an E-mail suposed to come from Microsoft (it has thier logo) saying my windows installation records are out of date and I have to click on a link to update my security,failure to do this will result in my account being suspended. I have put the E-mail in my junk folder ,does any one have a clue what this may be, and should I do any more than delete it . Thanks . Ted
4 REPLIES 4
Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: security E-mail

Hello Ted,
Certainly sounds like a generic spam message, after all, everyone knows that you don't have an "account" with Microsoft. If there were any problems with your windows installation, you would have a popup on your computer, not an email.
After all, where would Microsoft get your email address from? They don't collect this information upon registering windows.
You've done the right thing by deleting the email, that's all there is to it.
Regards,
Matt
Teds31
Grafter

Thanks Matt ,thought it looked dodgy. Ted
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

One thing to remember MS check the validity of your windows license during the windows update process and wouldn't email you to check.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Teds31
Grafter

Thanks Dvorak, seems to be some thing like this all the time, got the old phone call last week the bloke with a very English name and a Indian accent wanting to clean my computer of 6,000,000 faults, had a bit of fun with him befere cutting him off.Ted