Did you mean: 

redirects email

FIXED
DavMcCC
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

redirects email

Hi all

Has any one here ever been able to setup and use the re-direct email system from the section Manage My Emails / redirect

Dave

8 REPLIES 8
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: redirects email

all the time with no problems - what are you trying to do

DavMcCC
Dabbler

Hi Oldjim

I shall run thur the whole thing:

First I log into my account, then click on Emails Setting, click on Manage My Mail, followed by clicking on the tab Redirects, then Add New Redirect, in the Re-direct Name box I type in the full email address "thing@ME . plus dot com" finally I fill in the Destination Address with 21a####@gmail.com click on ADD

The page just does a refresh.

What I want it to do is, copy the emails from "thing at me" to "21a blah blah@gmail.com"

I do not want to give out the full email address at this time or place

Dave

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If I understand what you've post ed you can't do what you are trying to do.

In the redirect name box you put just the part of the Plusnet email address before the @ which will be receiving the emails. You cannot do any conditional forwarding based on the senders name.

If you mean you want to forward all emails being sent to thing@youraccount.plus.com you simply put thing in the re-direct name box:

redirect.jpg

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
DavMcCC
Dabbler

Hi jelv

Yes you have hit it spot on, in fact here is my screen shot.

DavMcCC
Dabbler

Second part is, it does not show any of the redirects I have done (3) all of which have failed to work.

As you can see here when I look at what should be there nothing showing..

How do you in-bed your screen shot into the window here ?

Dave

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Is thelma listed on the summary tab?

If it is you need to delete that before you add the re-direct.

To embed images click the Insert Photos button (looks like a picture of mountain scenery)

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
DavMcCC
Dabbler

Fix

Finally got back here to make a reply, I have found a better way of redirect emails, I don't do it...........

I have set up on her Chrome Book a tab which contains the link to her email she clicks on it, clicks on "Login" and away she goes.

Downside, I thought her email ended with .net it don't, it ends with .com  so all sing together (Oops I did it again)

Dave

decomplexity
Rising Star

PN redirection works fluently (I have around 50 of them).

If thelma@XYZ.plus.com is already a PN mailbox, it cannot be redirected unless it ceases to be a mailbox. It has to be one or other (or an alias)

If you set up a redirect with Royal Mail (from 'old-address' to 'new-address'), the mail to old-address isn't delivered to old-address, photocopied, and then sent to new-address. The local sorting office simply readdresses it.

If you want to have the same email delivered to more than one address, a common way is to set up a 'multiple forward'. These aren't supported by PN but is a free service offered by many registrars such as 123-reg if you have the domain registered with them. For example, if I want to have each incoming email delivered to fred@XYX.plus.com and joe@gmail.com and jim@outlook.,com, I register  - or use an existing - domain  with e.g. 123-reg, ask senders to address mail to blah@blahdomain.com, and set up a forward from blah@blahdomain.com to the other three addresses.

Zen from May 17. PN Business account from 2004 - 2017