Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pulling mail into Outlook.com

the_groundsman
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

pulling mail into Outlook.com

Hi.
I use outlook.com to manage my mail on webmail and mobile devices  I also use outlook on a desktop ( via hotmail plugin) where I keep my historic mail.  When mail arrives in my plusnet mail box it can take around 20 minutes before it gets pulled into outlook.com Any idea why that might be and if there is a way of speeding it up so the transfer happens in sweconds rather than mimutes. I don't want to forward ( push ) the mail as I then lose the information about who originally sent it etc as all the mail appears to be sent from my plusnet mailbox.
Thanks for looking
3 REPLIES 3
wisty
Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: pulling mail into Outlook.com

As I understand it Outlook.com sweeps your other (POP3) mailboxes every 30 minutes. This seems to be by design.
See the long thread at
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/oemail-osend/frequency-that-outlookcom-checks-t...
I don't think you can alter it.
the_groundsman
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Thank you.
30 minutes seems pretty useless in  this day and age, but as it's free probably not much i can do about it.
decomplexity
Rising Star

If you are just using outlook.com as a 'clearing house' for incoming mail, you could instead use your Plusnet email account as an IMAP account on your desktop (Outlook) AND on your mobile devices.
You could still use outlook.com for Calendar and Contacts (via EAS - Exchange Active Sync).
The sync frequency for IMAP and EAS is controllable from the client (Outlook and most mobiles) which should give you what you want.
Or perhaps you use outlook.com for other things as well?
Zen from May 17. PN Business account from 2004 - 2017