Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with web mail?

hulls
Grafter

problems with web mail?

Hi
I've been trying to forward a couple of emails from my work address to home, but keep getting a receipt failed error message:
    ---- Failed Recipients ----
<john@XXXXXXX.idps.co.uk>

Requested mail action aborted: exceeded storage allocation. [SMTP Error Code 552]
I have about 40 emails in my inbox and something like 15 in my sent box, so not a lot then
Is there a problem with the system?
John
3 REPLIES 3
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: problems with web mail?

Very odd! Is this still happening? I've just sent a test email to your account and it seems to have been delivered OK.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

hulls
Grafter

Hi Bob
Thanks for the response.  yes it's odd!  I have receieved other emails both yesterday and today, and have just also sent a test from my work email, which has arrived ok, but when I tried to forward an email that came to my work address, it just bounces back.  The reason I wanted to forward it was because I suspected that it's spam, and has come from a cloned email address of one of my friends.
And I didn't want to examine it on my work laptop.
Could there be something about that email that is getting it rejected?
John
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

If it was being detected as spam then I'd expect a slightly different error message. If you raise a support ticket containing the full failed deliver y report (complete with headers) then I might be able to advise further.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵