cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem setting up Thunderbird

longshanks67
Grafter

problem setting up Thunderbird

I can access my emails via Plusnet webmail but I just cannot setup Thunderbird as my email client. I have two email addresses set up as two individual accounts with T/Bird the problem is with the server access password as it keeps rejecting my efforts.

I have used my main plusnet account P/W and both my individual email P/W's nothing works. as I do not have any other P/W's to use. I have spent ages over the years trying too get this too work but still can't get it to work. Obviously I am doing something wrong. Help please.

3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 383

Re: problem setting up Thunderbird

Complete email setting info is here https://www.plus.net/help/email-guides/how-to-set-up-plusnet-email/

Note that for the main account mailbox the username is account name and password is the main account one. For other mailboxes it is accountname+mailboxname ( with the plus sign! ) and the mailbox password.

I use Thunderbird on windows and linux, with multiple mailboxes , so I can assure you it does work when the configuration is correct

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 247

@longshanks67 Which version of TB are you using? - if it is a current version,  as it should be check that the program hasn't tried to guess some of the settings. If it has, it will have guessed wrong, and you will have to manually reconfigure some of them.

John
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 247

@longshanks67 Have you sorted this yet?

John