cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plusnet on Microsoft blocklist

Burrows

plusnet on Microsoft blocklist

Hello,

I see there is no longer a plusnest ticketing option for business accounts, that's a shame worked very well in the past. Oh well, hopefully someone here can help?

I've had a Hotmail email address i was previously sending to with no issue bounce back with the following message;

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.   (parts redacted for obvious reasons)   

>

> Delivery to the following recipients failed permanently:

>

>    * ********@hotmail.com

>

> Reason: There was an error while attempting to deliver your message with [Subject: "***************"] to **********@hotmail.com. MTA p3plwbeout09-03.prod.phx3.secureserver.net received this response from the destination host IP - 104.47.66.33 -  550 , 550 5.7.1 Unfortunately, messages from [97.74.135.166] weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list (S3150). You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors. [MW2NAM12FT062.eop-nam12.prod.protection.outlook.com]

I have checked with my email service provider and i have the correct certificates in place, so my sending address is not being picked up as junk mail by microsoft as far as i'm aware, so I'm looking at if it relates to my ISP (Plusnet) instead? 

4 REPLIES 4
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: plusnet on Microsoft blocklist

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from ADSL Broadband to Email.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

MJN
Pro
Fixes: 5

@Burrows wrote:

I have checked with my email service provider and i have the correct certificates in place, so my sending address is not being picked up as junk mail by microsoft as far as i'm aware, so I'm looking at if it relates to my ISP (Plusnet) instead? 

Is your email service provider secureserver/GoDaddy? Assuming it is, it's *their* IP address (97.74.135.166) that has been blacklisted by Hotmail/Microsoft, not yours/Plusnet's.

Burrows

Thanks for the swift reply, I'm with 123 so i have raised a support ticket with them, but as i mentioned earlier, i previously went through getting my certificates in place to avoid being spam/blocked, but perhaps that wasn't sufficient.  I will let you know what they say once they have got back to me. 

MJN
Pro
Fixes: 5

What do you mean by certificates?