cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

outlook 2000 professional email problem.

owlguard
Grafter

outlook 2000 professional email problem.

Yesterday Zak looked at my email setup with a problem which is solved now but it seems now my gmail a/c isnt working since the email problem was looked at by zak remotely yesterday.Im sure its got nothing to do with zaks work yesterday.I have a gmaila/c.a.plusnet a/c and an hotmail a/c,all of which worked ok yesterday but now they still all work apart from the gmail a/c.Its says on my outlook that,Could not fetch the headers to the inbox of imap.gmail.com.Can anyone help please.regards ray.

5 REPLIES 5
James
Grafter

Re: outlook 2000 professional email problem.

Hi Ray,
It sounds that from my perspective it should be as simple as removing the gmail account from outlook and then readding it.
Can you give that a go to see if it fixes the problem?
owlguard
Grafter

I will Jameseh,thanks.
owlguard
Grafter

Deleted gmail a/c and put it back into my outlook 2000 pro but still giving me the same error message.I have noticed theres only an inbox now,before i had all sorts of folders.
James
Grafter

The other folders will appear once it is able to get the headers (which it can't fetch currently).
Are you setting it up like in this guide?
http://www.emailaddressmanager.com/tips/outlook-gmail.html
(You'll need to set it up as a imap account and not pop3).
owlguard
Grafter

Smiley Jameseh thanks for that,just got it sorted and it seems to be working fine now.regards and up the spurs.