Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no emails

FIXED
GonnieNo
Hooked

no emails

morning new to plus net , so trying to find way around , ok , using windows live mail , i have my own domain name *@***.co.uk for email via another company set up plusnet account no problem , now with Safeguard on , email client will not download any emails that i know for a fact are there , i can see them via webmail , it will bring down emails on 2 other accounts ,  turn safe guard off , and now the client says there are no email at all on any account again webmail shows email , i know its bound to be a setting i have missed but cant see it lol 

5 REPLIES 5
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Re: no emails

Hi,

A warm welcome to the forums. This sounds odd!! Which email client are you using and in what way does it suggest that there are no emails?

Are you using IMAP or POP3?

When swiching safe guard on and off are you restarting the router?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

GonnieNo
Hooked

Hi Townman , pop3 with windows live mail , i only saw your reply email when i used the webmail , client wont download , umm no i hadnt reset the router  ( DOH ) , as simple as that , in my defence i have manflu , will try this now 

cheers

GonnieNo
Hooked

ok reset router , and ..... nope , i'll restart safe guard  reset router , and see what happens , if the emails come down then plusnet blocking them somewhere

GonnieNo
Hooked

ok , all rest , and 1 email from plusnet saying i have changed setting but in webmail on 2 other accounts there are msgs shown , settings are right , as copied an pasted from relevant help sites , 

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Fix

Hi @GonnieNo,

I'm sorry to hear that you're not receiving your emails via Windows Live Mail at the moment. Please can you fully remove your email account from Live Mail and then try readding it using the settings here. If you continue to experience the same issue, please try adding your account on a different mail client - e.g. Thunderbird, Apple Mail, Outlook - as this will help us to determine if it's a mail client specific issue or if it's something else that's stopping you from receiving your emails.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team