cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no email on iphone 6s

Rob_Baber

no email on iphone 6s

Hi folks

I am not able to receive my madasafish emails on my iphone. Only started playing up midday today.

I can send email, i have sent an email to my gmail app.

I cannot receive email. I can log in to webmail and see my email there, but when i try to update email on my Iphone, it tells me that either my username or password is incorrect. It isnt, they are both correct. I have tried deleting the account and reinstalling, no luck. I have tried other mail apps, no good. 

It all seems to be working fine on my desktop using Windows Live Mail

are any of you having similar problems ??????

4 REPLIES 4
PacketLoss
Dabbler

Re: no email on iphone 6s

Out of interest have you updated IOS recently?

I've had a similar issue in the past after an upgrade, which other mail apps on the iPhone did you try too?

Rob_Baber

Yes, i updated to 10.3.3 the night before. 

I dont remember which other mail apps I tried. I just picked a couple of free ones with the best reccomendations to see if it made a difference. They probably only integrate with the iOS so begining to think it might be a bug in the iOS. 

Just talked to my ISP. They dont see any problems with either my settings or the account.

PacketLoss
Dabbler

Are you configuring SSL/TLS on your iPhone for Plusnet email (it is Plusnet email btw isnt it)?

Give Spark a try, if it works with Spark let us know.

Rob_Baber

sorry but i am not technically savvy enough to know .

our broadband is with Plusnet, but because we wanted to keeo our email addresses when Plusnet bought them, our email accounts are still with Madasafish.

spent an hour on the phone to Plusnet this morning. They see nothing wrong with the settings

Had a chat straight after with Apple, they say theres nothing wrong with the phone its Plusnet

guess im now piggy in the middle.