Dabbler

no email for 3 days now .... sends ok

sheffield still iffy ?
4 REPLIES 4
ChrisL
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: no email for 3 days now .... sends ok

No, this isn't a general problem.  Do you mean that no emails are downloading to your email client?  Have you tried sending yourself a message?  Have you looked in Webmail to see if anything is arriving there?
Best wishes
Chris
ivanhoew
Dabbler

hi chris , sorry about the crypticnosity,spent all day puting a roof on the garage lol.. well it now works , got 13 emails this morning ! brilliant .
what it was doing was ,sending out ok  , but not being able to connect to recieve
., i checked all the connection stuff and nothing had changed ,and also tried 2 different pcs .
another prob i had was that ,for about 2 days , i couldnt get onto the plusnet site in any way shape or form ...all other sites were fine ,just the plusnet one ... so i couldnt check through the webmail portal either .
thanks
robert .
pierre_pierre
Grafter

it could have been to do with this
Service Status RSS Feeds
Access to Sheffield hosted services (62944) - UPDATE
Other
Posted on: Monday 2 August 2010, 18:28
This is an update to this afternoon's post about the problems some customers may have been having accessing the services we host in Sheffield.
This includes, but is not limited to, our email platform, website, discussion forums and web-hosting services.
Whilst there are no longer any noticeable customer-affecting problems, we are operating with reduced capacity between our London and Sheffield sites. We're going to leave this Service Status thread open until we're running at full capacity again.
Kind regards,
Bob Pullen
Customer Support
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The problems we had certainly didn't last 2 days, more like 2 hours, max. Sounds like your computer's had a wobble.