Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new webmail help

Owain
Dabbler

new webmail help

Couple of questions about the new webmail platform
- I had squirrelmail highlight messages in colours according to sender etc, Is this possible to do in the new system?
- As the messages in squirrelmail were ordinary links it was possible to right-click on the message and 'open in background tab' so I could have multiple messages open at once. Is this possible to do in the new system - the browser right-click menu is replaced by the mail system right-click menu.

And, for the attention of Plusnet, the images on the login page pointing to this forum and the old webmail system don't seem to have ALT text for visually impaired people? Has any accessibility testing been done on the new system?
4 REPLIES 4
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: new webmail help

If you click the cog icon at the top when you have a message selected there is an option "Open in new window". It's also in the More actions sub-menu from the right click menu.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Well I can't find anything under the current settings that gives any options for highlighting. I hadn't spotted it wasn't there until you mentioned it, been too busy looking at other things.
However, having just had a look at Roundcube's website. I see that in http://trac.roundcube.net/wiki/Plugin_Repository there is a Plug-in for "Message Highlight" under Mail View, perhaps Plusnet can take a look at this and add it in.
@Bob P
Any chance of getting that Plugin added? I also use message highlighting.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

We'll have a look at the plugin. It doesn't seem to have been updated for a year or so mind you (perhaps it hasn't needed updating?)
Can't guarantee anything but we'll look into it none-the-less.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Thanks very much Bob, that's great.