Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new build

mac
Grafter

new build

hi to all,
just built my new pc and i what to down load the McAfee anti-virus software from plus-net.
i do not have or wish to have outlook email which is where my plus-net email address is,
can i download to my pc or can i change my plus-net email to my Hotmail address 
6 REPLIES 6
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: new build

Sorry but I find your question very confusing - perhaps others can unravel what you're trying to do. In terms of the McAfee software, though I don't have it myself, don't you just download it and run it? Like you would any other software?
kmilburn
Grafter

I'm not quite sure what McAfee got to do with anything, but...
Plusnet Email has nothing to do with outlook,  beyond the ability to use the outlook email client to access the Plusnet mail servers.
Equally,  the use of a hotmail has nothing to do with plusnet,  and subscribing to plusnet has no effect on your use of hotmail.
Having said that, one point of confusion may come from Microsoft's recent decision to rename hotmail.com as outlook.com.
If you're wanting an alternative to the outlook mail client,  Mozilla Thunderbird is a good alternative,  and Opera has a good email client too.
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: mac
can i change my plus-net email to my Hotmail address   

You haven't explained yourself further yet. However if by this comment you mean can you use webmail to send using other identities, yes you can, by hitting the "edit identities" option when writing an email. I currently have four different send addresses available.
mac
Grafter

sorry i confuse myself sometimes. forget McAfee i downloaded that without a problem..
plus net sends me emails to my outlook express mail box which i do not have anymore.
my plus-net email address is xxxxxxx @plusnet .co.uk, 

i only use Hotmail how do i get my emails form plusnet.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Your Plusnet email is something@username.plus.com
Have a look here and see what you have set up https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=myemail&s=1&redirected=yes&?membermenu=emailsettings and select Manage My Mail
As far as I know you can't get your Plusnet emails via Hotmail unless you set up a redirect
The alternative is Webmail https://webmail.plus.net/
kmilburn
Grafter

If you mean that you want to change the Email address that Plusnet use to send billing info, etc.  you can set the desired email address on the Account Details page on the portal.
BTW,  Outlook Express is a mail client which would have been configured to collect your email from the Plusnet servers.  Any Email client could be configured to do the same thing  (e.g. Thunderbird),  or a oldjim suggested,  the webmail site also allows access (from almost anywhere in the world!).