cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missing emails on server

eternitycrystal

missing emails on server

Hi, I have just have a number of my business emails ( @eternitycrystal) disappear from my outlook client in front of my eyes. Can someone please check this account for me? The were emails from 24th Aug 2018 to 27 Aug 2018. I have checked the trash folder and also that deleting emails would still go to the trash folder, so the problem must be on the server.

cheers

5 REPLIES 5
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: missing emails on server

Hi @eternitycrystal, sorry to hear that, do you have the email address set up as a POP3 account on any other devices/ client at all?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
eternitycrystal

Hi Laren,

Thanks for the reply, no Pop3 clients are set up any more and if they were we set them to "leave message on server". It is strange that only 4 days of mail was removed. We have had issues where a week of messages disappeared for around 4 hours but then turned up again later. Is there any way to check this on the server?

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to us @eternitycrystal,

We have checked the server our side and we too are able to see that there is nothing between those dates. 

I am gonna pass this to our Network Admin Team and see if they can shed some light on it. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

It has not been unheard of for a PC with old POP3 credentials to have been redeployed (without being cleared down) and for that to have started harvesting emails.

I would recommend changing the password on the affected email address as a precaution.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @eternitycrystal I can see our Network Team got back to you with no luck. I have passed your reply back to them. 

Have you made any changes/ updates to Outlook recently? 

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team