Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mail.plus.net Timeouts.

rd1956
Grafter
Fixes: 1

mail.plus.net Timeouts.

Good Evening,

Today I have noticed that Thunderbird has random issues checking for mail with mail.plus.net timeouts.  I had this issue a couple of months ago but it seemed to resolve itself, today its back with a vengeance.

I can switch to 212.159.8.81 in place of mail.plus.net and everything seems to be back to normal, but I don't know if this is an ideal long term workaround or not.

Regards.

Robert.

6 REPLIES 6
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: mail.plus.net Timeouts.

It is not a wise work around for that action removes the network resilience.

What is the first character of your account name?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rd1956
Grafter

Good Morning.

First character of my account name is t.

Things seem better this morning but from past experience that doesn't last much past mid morning.

Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Were you still seeing the poor performance when you posted at about 9pm last night?  Or has it cleared up by then?

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
rd1956
Grafter

I was still seeing the poor performance up until I called it a night at around 22:30.

Having just got home now, I am again seeing poor performance.  No timeouts as yet but Thunderbird seems to be getting stuck on random mailboxes.

I also forgot to mention, my Fibre dropped yesterday having checked logs and from what a family member told me it looks like the the problem started after everything came back online.  They also said they rebooted the router but it made no difference.

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @rd1956

Sorry to hear you are experiencing time-outs on Thunderbird using mail.plus.net.

This issue is currently with the correct department for review however, we have not had any other indication that these are occurring.

Could you confirm if you are experiencing any issues with webmail or if this is solely with Thunderbird.

If the issue is with Thunderbird I would recommend trying an alternative client such as outlook to see if you can replicate the issue.

I have tested your broadband service, except the 2 drops prior to the router being turned off and back on we are unable to detect a fault in your service.

If these drops become more frequent or you require further assistance let us know.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
rd1956
Grafter

I don't really use web mail, too many mailboxes to monitor but I haven't noticed issues on the times I have checked.

Last time this happened I do remember trying Opera Mail and there was a similar issue.

Coincidentally, for the last hour everything seems to be fine Thunderbird.

I'll update if the issue returns.