cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost account

manky
Dabbler

lost account

have had an email address for 10 years until yesterday when I typed wrong password a few times and now I have lost access to everything .cannot even log into emails to check important old ones.several calls to America ,microsoft and 2 hrs of them remotely controlling my laptop and at least 1 hr on the phone to plusnet and EE all a waste of time . how hard can it be to reset a password. alan turing could solve the enigma machine with a trillion combinations and yet 60 years later we cannot crack an 8 digit code within 24hrs??? am honestly lost on this one ,what do I actually do about all of the lost information?? if there is anybody within the UK that has some knowledge of computer programming please get in touch by text on [Removed].

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).
19 REPLIES 19
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Re: lost account

Hi @manky, thanks for your post.

We're sorry to hear of your password issues.

Presumably, it's your Plusnet password you've been unable to reset? I ask as I note that you've phoned Microsoft and EE as part of you trying to solve the issue.

If it is the Plusnet password, we should be able to get it sorted with a quick call and so please do let us know.

manky
Dabbler

Hi,

no plus net say they can not un lock or re-set the password. 

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Thanks, Manky.

Could you describe in more depth what you've lost access to and if possible, provide a screenshot of the screen/error that you're facing?

Best wishes

Dave

manky
Dabbler

I had lost access to even outlook at any level. However a friend of mine has reinstated that so that now I can see all of my emails and folders etc but am still not able to send or receive any for over a week now. He says do not click on the pop up window which says please enter password and to just select cancel otherwise it will all be lost again. The error message is just wrong password but whatever I do enter does not work even when plusnet send me  new password. I believe it started because I entered my password incorrectly too many times on a new device. Now nothing works despite having Microsoft operate this laptop remotely for nearly an hour and also a few phone calls to plusnet at 20mins a time!

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @manky, thanks for getting back to us.

To clarify - Is the email address a Microsoft one, for example an @live.co.uk, @hotmail.com or @outlook.co.uk or is it a Plusnet email address that ends in @plus.com or @plusdsl.net?

Also - Are you accessing it via a website or as program installed to your computer/device?

manky
Dabbler

is @ic24.net  which was owned by madasafish which was then taken by plusnet.

access is through outlook on windows xp so outlook express?

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Thanks, @manky

Could you please attempt to log into your email account here and let us know if that works?

If that doesn't work, please drop us a PM across with your account username and we'll take a look from our side.

Best wishes

Dave

manky
Dabbler

it does not work .address was [Removed]

error says there was a problem logging onto your mail server.your password was rejected

server error 0x800CCC90

error number 0x800CCC92

Moderators Note: Personal information removed

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us @manky 

I've tried finding your account from that IC24 email address you've provided and nothing is coming up.

If you're sure that's the email can you send me a private message with your full address?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
manky
Dabbler

address was  [Removed] cannot send or receive from that account

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @manky 

It turns out, as you know, your email address was in fact correct. I just had a bit of trouble finding the account, but I've got it now. I think to further troubleshoot and get to the bottom of this the easiest way would be for me to call you and go through what's known as remote support which means I'll be able to see your computer screen and try to fix this for you first hand.

Would you be free for a call before 4pm this afternoon? I'm also in the office on Monday and Friday next week 9 to 5:30.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
manky
Dabbler

yes could today .number is [Removed] cheers

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cheers for your time on the phone @manky 

I'm sorry again for the issues you've had with this. I'm happy I got your emails working for you now on Outlook Express. If you need any further help or there's anything else you'd need help with, please feel free to post back. 

I hope you have a good Christmas and New Year. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
manky
Dabbler

emails working again thanks to this forum.in future I will just come here for help rather than use telephone support.pity I spent so long on the phone to several different people first,spent over £20 in phonecalls. still is fixed now ,cheers.