cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'incorrect email address' / saving an address to the address book

CStimregan

'incorrect email address' / saving an address to the address book

Two problems / questions:
1. Trying to add new contacts into my address book. Twice I've typed or copied & pasted perfectly good addresses into the appropriate box only to be told "incorrect email address", at which point the entry will not be accepted.
2. When I receive an email from a new contact, what's the simplest way to transfer the address etc. into my address book, or is it a matter of copying stuff across bit by bit?
4 REPLIES 4
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: 'incorrect email address' / saving an address to the address book

What emai client are you using?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

or is it webmail
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

If webmail:
when you open the mail there is a small head character next to the name on the RHS, if you hover over it it says "Add to address book"  Just click on it, you don't have to wait for the hover to appear if its a bit slow.
For adding addresses manually, I assume you have clicked the "Address book Icon" on the top RHS between "Mail" & "Personal Settings", so then click on the LH Icon above the Contacts list "Create new contact card" , in the boes that open up - fill the relevant details, scroll down and click on Save.
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I have just had problem 1 on my webmail - and resolved it! I came to the forum to post a warning that it might occur - and found this topic!
I was creating a new entry in webmail's address book - I'd already downloaded the email containing it to OE so couldn't use the "little head" method advised by "Anotherone".
I'd cut'n'pasted two email address in (home and work) and pressed Save. I got the warning message attached - "Incorrect email address"
I quickly discovered that on the problematic address I had inadvertently copied in a space character after the "uk" - deleting that space solved the problem!  Cheesy