cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

incoming emails second page

davysp
Hooked

incoming emails second page

How do I open the second page of my incoming emails?

9 REPLIES 9
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: incoming emails second page

Welcome to the forums, @davysp.

Do you mean the second page of the list of emails, or the second page of an email - it must be a big one if so.

If you mean the former, is this on webmail?

John
davysp
Hooked

Hi, yes, it's the second page of the list of emails that I can't seem to figure out how to open.

jab1
Legend

You haven't said if this is in webmail, but as most, if not all, mail clients display emails in one long list, I'll assume it is.

I have never used webmail myself, so some of this is guesswork Smiley, but I assume you are asking this because you think you have more than one page? If so, why?

if it is because you are seeing a figure '2', try clicking on that.

If it for some other reason, come back and say why.

John
davysp
Hooked

Sorry, it is webmail. At the bottom right hand side of my list I get "messages 1-40 of 60, but it's grey'd out and I don't see an arrow or any means of getting to the next page of emails. I sometimes need to look for an older email. 

jab1
Legend

OK, we've established it's webmail, and you've explained the problem clearly Thumbs_Up

Unfortunately, as I said, I've never used it, so if you don't mind?, I'll tag someone who'll probably sort it in a flash for you.

John
davysp
Hooked

Hi John, I've just stumbled on the answer myself. I hovered just to the right of the "messages 1-40 of 60 (there is no arrow or mark that shows up) and got a message "show next set". Problem solved, thank you for your help.

jab1
Legend

Glad you sorted it, @davysp.Thumbs_Up. I'll add that to my 'knowledgebase' in case I see a similar query.

Thanks for the update.

John
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

@davysp wrote:

Hi John, I've just stumbled on the answer myself. I hovered just to the right of the "messages 1-40 of 60 (there is no arrow or mark that shows up) and got a message "show next set".

@davysp There should be triangles for "show previous/next set" and "show first/last set" on the left and right of the message range as shown in this image.

WebmailNextSet.png

Those on the left are greyed out here because the list is at the beginning. But those on the right are black to show there is more to come.

We did have instances where the triangles were present (and clickable) though invisible some years ago, but I can't remember how this was fixed.

Which browser are you using? Can you try a different one?

David
davysp
Hooked

I normally use internet explorer and the arrows aren't showing, but I opened my emails on Microsoft edge and there they were!