cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone settings for Plus net Mail

mitchell20
Grafter

iPhone settings for Plus net Mail

Can someone tell me iPhone settings for iPhone and PN mail as just spent the last frustrating hour trying to set it up on my Dads new iPhone.
Sky email sets up in like 30 seconds, typical PN never make things easy do they!!!
6 REPLIES 6
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: iPhone settings for Plus net Mail

Here you go http://community.plus.net/library/email/setting-up-plusnet-email-on-an-iphone/

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mitchell20
Grafter

Thanks, but that's IMAP and I require POP settings.
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Name - Your Name
Address = Email address
Desciption = Plusnet
Host =  mail.plus.net
User Name =  your log on name
Password = your logon password
hulls
Grafter

If your dad's using a laptop / desktop to check mail as well, he's probably better with IMAP, as it leaves the emails on the server.
John
mitchell20
Grafter

Settings still not working.  That user name is wrong as shouldn't it be something like userID+mailbox?
It's not a problem now anyway as I've convinced him to ditch his PN email and use his Sky email addy (which is his ISP anyway now) like I said originally Sky email sets up in under 20 seconds as they use a proper mail platform (Google).
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

If your dad is no longer a Plusnet customer he wouldn't be able to send mail via the Plusnet relay. It's academic now but it is probably that section that returned errors.
David