cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone & setting up Globalnet or Madasafish

WigleyEvans

iPhone & setting up Globalnet or Madasafish

Can anyone who has an iPhone help me set up my email account.
Technical support say that Incoming should be set up as "mail.globalnet.co.uk" and Outgoing should be "smtp.globalnet.co.uk". It doesn't work. When I took the phone into Apple Genius Bar in Regent Street they tried and failed to set up my iPhone saying the problem was with Globalnet / Madasafish.
I am caught between Apple who say my iPhone is fine and the problem is with Msadasafish and the technical support people at Madasafish saying the set ups are right and they can't help me further.
Any advice anyone apart from cancelling my Globalnet account (which I have had from over 10 years) and goiung for Gmail or a system which does work with iPhone ?
Any help much appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: iPhone & setting up Globalnet or Madasafish

Hi there,
The answer to your question depends on two things really.
1. Who your mobile phone provider is.
2. Whether or not you pay for your Globalnet account.
If you can answer those two questions then it will be easier to advise you what to do...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

WigleyEvans

Hi Bob,
Many thanks for your response.
My mobile phone provider is Vodaphone and I pay for the Globalnet account.
Hope this helps.
Peter
WigleyEvans

Hi Bob,
Do you have any instructions on how to connect a Globalnet account holder to iPhone ? As mentioned, I pay directly for my iPhone via a 2 year contract with Vodafone. If I cannot connect, I will have to leave Masdasafish / Globalnet and register with another internet service provider just to get emails deelivered to my iPhone and after 10 + years with Globalnet, I don't want to do this so any help much appreciated.
Thanks,
Peter