cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad Mail - Send email from any connection: Microsoft Outlook 2007

theblisses
Grafter

iPad Mail - Send email from any connection: Microsoft Outlook 2007

Is it possible to configur an iPad to do the same thing.  Mine works perfectly at home, but I would like to use it when using another connection away drome, without resorting to Webmail.
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: iPad Mail - Send email from any connection: Microsoft Outlook 2007

Not sure what Outlook 2007 in the title has got to do with it, didn't know it ran on an iPad............ Huh
Anyway, what sort of connection. Someone else's wireless router connection to broadband or what?
You need to be specific about which email provider and which broadband providers, they all have different rules which can make things difficult.  Lips_are_sealed
There's probably no one-size-fits all answer.  Sad
theblisses
Grafter

You are quite correct.  Outlook in itself has nothing really to do with this question.  I mentioned it only because PlusNet has got a help guide on how to access the SMTP server when not connected to a PlusNet direct network.  I was wondering if the same thing could be achieved on an iPad.  It is possible that nothing has to be changed,  but I have not tried it yet.https://portal.plus.net/support/email/setup/outlook_2007_smtp.shtml.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

You should be able to receive email fine on any connection - it'll be sending that's the issue. You either need to use the outgoing mail server for the ISP you're connected to or sign up to a gmail account or similar as they have an authenticated outgoing mail server that you can use from any connection as long as you have a username and password.
Hope that helps,
theblisses
Grafter

Thank you Matt, I do have a gmail account which copies replies to my PlusNet account.  So now I know what to do to send a message.
Many Thanks for your help.
Robin