kevinflanagan69

how can i transfer my bt account to plusnet

how can i transfer my bt email address to plusnet

6 REPLIES 6
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: how can i transfer my bt account to plusnet

I'm not absolutely sure what you mean, but if you have an @btinternet.com email address, I don't think you can transfer it.  What you can probably do is set up a redirect so that all mail sent to that address is automatically forwarded to your PN email address.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Or you could just keep your @BTInternet.com email address if you transfer your broadband to Plus Net. But as above, really not sure what it is you want to do!

kevinflanagan69

i want to keep my bt email address

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

See Jonpe reply #2.  To keep the BT email address you need a BT mail account - similarly with a plusnet email address you'll need a plusnet account.  If you plan to change suppliers you need to look at registering your own domain, this you can migrate between suppliers.

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

@kevinflanagan69 Think of it as a postal address:  The bit before the @ is your name, and the bit after the @ is your address.  If you move house, you can't keep using the address you've moved from (unless you want to seriously annoy the people who now live there).

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@kevinflanagan69

You need to ask BT about buying "BT Premium Mail" , more information here http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44885/~/what-is-bt-premium-mail-and-how-can-i-get-it%...

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT