cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hotmail/outlook my friend is fed up with Yahoo & trying to find easiest way to:

silverfinch
Grafter

Re: hotmail/outlook my friend is fed up with Yahoo & trying to find easiest way to:

Hello RPM, quick update, friend couldn't use Thunderbird as it wouldn't accept her Yahoo login but she finally managed to open an outlook account. Thank you once again, thought you would like to know outcome. I am  bowing out of this now as she is a very stubborn lady & we will fall out.  By the way I have been at it again, on the pc for hours as my laptop kept going to sleep every 30/40 seconds if I wasn't actively using it. Don't know what I had done but when I  tried restore in windows & typed in restore date of 24th it kept reselecting 25th & I hadn't noticed. Anyway somehow forced it to accept 24th and all is well again........for time being. No clue what caused it and had no idea I have a device manager Embarrassed Goodness me I will never be in a position to say 'computers, easy peasy'
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Re: hotmail/outlook my friend is fed up with Yahoo & trying to find easiest way to:

Thanks for the update silverfinch, oh well about you friend, best leave it then.
Yes, Windoze can be very difficult to get your head around if your somewhat of a tech-novice. You can sometimes get into real trouble if you happen to change something you don't really know about, to the extent of messing up the operating system and not being able to start up. It's certainly understandable some people are techno-phobes.
That's RPM to you!!
silverfinch
Grafter

Yes, you are right there, but I knew it was ok until between 9.00/11.00 pm so it was very frustrating, I actually sent an email to Toshiba rather than touch it but it  became impossible to operate with the machine (called the Witch in our house >:() doing that. Anyway, for once don't need help tonight, well so far Smiley ..... Thank goodness you all do 'watch this space'...cheers gang, you are life savers